Auto-enrolment contributions on the rise

The other significant change is in respect of auto-enrolled workplace pensions, with minimum workplace pension amounts increasing in April 2018. The next increase will be in April 2019. As of 6 April 2018, the minimum base pension contributions are 2% employer, 3% employee, giving a total contribution of 5% overall. These are, of course, the…

Changes are coming… Employers prepare!

As of April 2018, changes are coming in, for which employers should be preparing now. Firstly, from 6 April 2018 all payments in lieu of notice (PILONs) will be taxed as income and so will be subject to income tax and national insurance contributions. At present, the tax treatment of a PILON depends on how…